Guaifenesin+Terbutaline+Bromhexine is used in the treatment of cough with mucus.
How Guaifenesin + Terbutaline + Bromhexine works
Guaifenesin + Terbutaline + Bromhexine is a combination of three medicines: Guaifenesin , Terbutaline and Bromhexine, which relieves cough with mucus. Guaifenesin is an expectorant which decreases the stickiness of mucus (phlegm) and helps in its removal from the airways. Terbutaline is a bronchodilator. It works by relaxing the muscles in the airways and widens the airways. Bromhexine is a mucolytic which thins and loosens mucus (phlegm), making it easier to cough out. Together, they make breathing easier.
- Guaifenesin + Terbutaline + Bromhexine relieves cough accompanied with mucus that is associated with broncho-pulmonary disorders such as bronchitis, bronchial asthma and emphysema.
- It may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- If you are diabetic, monitor your blood glucose regularly while taking this medicine.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of thyroid or heart disease.
- Stop taking Guaifenesin + Terbutaline + Bromhexine and inform your doctor if your cough persists for more than 1 week, tends to recur, or is accompanied by a fever, rash or persistent headache.