Levocetirizine+Montelukast is used for sneezing and runny nose due to allergies, Hay fever and Allergic skin conditions.
How Levocetirizine + Montelukast works
Levocetirizine + Montelukast is a combination of two medicines: Levocetirizine and Montelukast, which relieves sneezing and runny nose due to allergies. Levocetirizine is an antiallergic which blocks a chemical messenger (histamine) responsible for runny nose, watery eyes and sneezing. Montelukast is a leukotriene antagonist. It works by blocking another chemical messenger (leukotriene). This reduces inflammation (swelling) in the airways and nose, and improves symptoms.
- You have been prescribed Levocetirizine + Montelukast to help relieve symptoms of allergy such as runny nose, sneezing, watery eyes, and cough.
- Be cautious while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Levocetirizine + Montelukast can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking Levocetirizine + Montelukast as it may cause increased sleepiness.
- Dry mouth may occur as a side effect. Frequent mouth rinses, good oral hygiene, increased water intake and sugarless candy may help.
- Stop taking Levocetirizine + Montelukast at least three days before taking an allergy test as it can affect the test results.